Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Thursday, July 21, 2005

ESPN coming to GUEYDAN, LOUISIANA?????

As crazy as it may sound, ESPN has chosen Gueydan, Louisiana, the "Duck Capitol of America" to host its Louisiana segment of its 50 states/50 days specials. I had to see it myself.... Click Here

Imagine it, Stewart Scott at the skeet shoot yelling "BOOYAAHHH" everytime a contestant hits a skeet. Imagine Mel Keiper, Jr. doing draft analysis of next years prospsect for Duck Festival Queen. Just for fun, we'll enter Trev Alberts in the dog trials!

I actually think I am more amazed than anything. The Duck Festival is truly a unique event, even for a Louisiana festival. I mean, ESPN setups are awesome (been to a couple of GameDay sets), but no telling what's going to happen when they come to Gueydan. Then again, they have been all over the U.S. - maybe nothing surprises them any more. We'll see!

I may actually take a ride down there for that weekend, let me know if you are interested. Also, more comments coming up about the acutal Best of Louisiana voting on ESPN.

6 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was wondering if you knew about ESPN yet! I can't believe it either :)

     
  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    And I was wondering if you knew about this blog! How the heck are ya!!

     
  • At 2:29 PM , Blogger The Underdog said...

    How did ESPN find Gueydan on the map? Stew Scott would be awesome announcing the skeet shooting. "Booyaahhh, that rifleman is cooler than the other side of the pillow." Unfortunately it will pale in comparison to GameDay at Tiger Stadium. But everyone has to get their 15 minutes every now and again. That's pretty awesome.

     
  • At 3:46 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    How did they find it.. my guess -

    threw darts a big map of Louisiana and the guy who threw it got beat up by the crowd pushing for New Orleans!

    I don't know that anything will quite compare to Gameday at Tiger Stadium. Especially since we are still rumored to be the reason for the net behind the desk because we just can't keep our golf balls to ourself. However, I am sure whoever caught that upside the head deserved it.

    I hope they can cut throught the thick accents to actually understand the directions on how to get to the Duck Festival Park!

     
  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger LSULiv said...

    You know what's funny? My mom's hometown is Philadelphia, Mississippi and I was there for the 50 States in 50 Days at the Neshoba County Fair! I've been every year since I was born and we have a cabin on the square... so ESPN caught the action from the chair races. Hah, pretty funny stuff. See livia.myphotoalbum.com and look at the pics from Mississippi's Giant Houseparty for details =)

     
  • At 8:44 AM , Blogger brousky said...

    You know.. I caught that episode and thought to myself "CHAIR RACES" I'll make sure to check out the pictures.

    I thought the special on Miss. was really good, especially the Jerry Rice piece.

    Who's coming to GUEYDAN???

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home