Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Friday, July 22, 2005

Excuse Me if I seem a little tipsy...

So I have recognized a pattern in my life that has developed as I have grown a little older - deteriorating eyesight. I am not real sure if it is the minimun 6 hours/day I have spent in front of a computer since entering college seven years ago or if my eyes decided that they just didn't like me. I have actually been wearing classes since 2001, doctor said they were overdue then, but yesterday decided I want to get contacts.

Now, our friends at LensCrafters couldn't have been any nicer. Especially when we realized that I would need a new prescription 1-1 1/2 times stronger than my exising classes. The doctor also squirmed a bit when I told him that I spend most of my waking hours in front of a computer, after all I am an IT guy. There is all of the time I spend reading blogs and contributing to my own, but that wasn't essential to our conversation.

So now I am not wearing glasses but can actually see a bit better than before... amazing invention really! There is one little problem. That is, since my eyes and brain have not completely adusted to the small film-like structure on my eyelid they have decided to play tricks on the rest of my body. Problems like depth perception, which is only a major problem in the bathroom and the random dizziness comparable to the afterthoughts of a mouth-watering 6-pack.

I am acutally really determined to giving these things a fair shot. It will take me some time to get used to, but you will be able to tell how I am doing with them if I have my glasses back on the next time you see me.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:25 PM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    I just got glasses for the first time back in May (probably caused by the fact that every waking hour, like you, is spent in front of a computer, watching a movie, or buried in a book.)

    I opted to just try the glasses for now without trying contacts. I don't need the extra expense and hassle of contacts just yet. Now that I've gotten used to the glasses, it feels like I've worn them forever, and it sure is nice to be able to see.

    I do think I'll go for the contacts eventually though.

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    Those were my exact thoughts when I first got the glasses. Especially becuase they were actually supposed to be "reading/driving" glasses. Four years and two pairs later, I can't remember a waking moment where I haven't had them on or near.

    I will say, a good pair of glasses is defanately a relief. I think that is the human eye delivering a big thank you!

    For as much as you read, I bet that was a true relief! Congrats (I think that warrants a congrats)!

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger The Underdog said...

    What is this, an ad for Eye Masters?
    I have glasses too. I think i have stigmatism where one eye is stronger than the other. I love my glasses. But i don't wear them nearly as much as you guys. They help when my eyes are straining and make me look way smarter than i am. War glasses!

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    Actually, yes.. it is an ad for Lenscrafters.

    I'll make sure to buy you a beer with the money they paid me next time you head this way!

    I also found that glasses made me look smarter. The sad thing is that I didnt' have the actual intellect to back it up... darn glasses!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home