Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

7-peat at the "Tour de Lance"

Just wanted to say a public congrats to Lance Armstrong and the USA for his most recent tour victory. No need to go into detail about what he has overcome - he has my respect!

I actually started wearing the LiveStrong bracelet a week or so before the tour started. When they first came out I absolutely refused based on the whole "its soo cool, everyone is doing it" crazy-fad principal, especially when every cause/non cause had a bracelet. I actually saw one that said "protect flirting." This time around, it was a little different.

I think I finally understand the message - live strong. In the last year, I have made some significant strides to rid my life of some of the more unhealthy habits that I surrounded myself with. The first and most obvious is that I have finally quit smoking! Yep, the dbrous is completely without the cigarettes. If you've known me through college, you have seen that I was notorious for the old smoke break - those days are done now. I have also (or at least tried) to cut down on meal portion size. Instead of eating until I am overly full, I have finally come to terms with putting enough in my stomach to have energy for the rest of the day. I still enjoy a great meal, but no longer feel bad if I don't see myself in the clean plate after I have eaten. Next step - regular exercise!

I wish Lance the best in his retirement from cycling. Hopefully, he will still feel as passionate about his cancer research and treatment efforts as he did in his competitve days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home