Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Sunday, September 25, 2005

whole new ballgame

I realize that I have not been around much lately, but I think the point of this post will help you understand what has become our world as of late.

Both Toto Too (fiancee') are off tommorow, Monday, to see our respective parent's homes each of which were damaged from a separate hurricane. The total extend of the damages are yet uncalculated, but in this case any damage is too much. Please keep in mind those in our lives that have lost most of their wordly possessions (yes, there are a couple.. and may be even more very soon).

I make this post with a slight tear in my eye, but I still realize that the hardest parts may be ahead of us.

I also worry that we want our lives to return to what they were so bad that we are all forgetting that our family, friends, and fellow statesmen may not be as lucky as us at the moment. Please don't let this be you - it never takes too much time and effort from your day to think about the victims, even if for a moment. And if praying is your thing - those are apprecaited as well too.

There will be lots to blog about this week, so hopefully we'll pick it back up - LSU Game tommorow, Softball this thrusday, Donald's Apprentice - UNTIL THEN!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    Darrell

    I hope your parents' house fared well in Rita. I know my Dad's house in Kaplan took a nice beating.

    Best of luck you and all of your family!

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger The Underdog said...

    I think most of me is turning into a cold, heartless bastard, but this is probably because of my ignorance of the issues. I do not understand what devistation is because I have not yet faced it. But I am so mattter of fact about things now. Trying not to express much emotion because there are so many others doing that. Of course I pray for you and yours and everyone else whose lives and possessions have been affected by these natural occurrances. But I am more so of the mind to rebuild than think about what is/was lost. Memories have been made and will not be forgotten. But now is a time to start fresh. Think forward but remembering the past. I'm sure you and Toto (funny) both have special connections with your homes. That's something, a feeling, that you won't get back. But don't harp on the negative. It's time for us all to make new connections. Take it all in stride and move on. Show remorse, because there is no point in keeping it in, but don't keep remorse. There will come a time when normalcy returns. It will be here quicker than you think. Until then, take solice in the fact that you did not lose the most prescious thing of all. Love. If you've got that, then everything else will work itself out.
    --Signed Cold & Heartless in KC

     
  • At 5:48 PM , Blogger Kelly Broussard said...

    Thanks for the thoughts D. and everyone else. This is rough. Especially now that we literally have devastation on both sides of us. Maybe in a few years we will be able to put this behind us, once we are able to start physically rebuilding.

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    Luke,

    Sorry to hear about your dad's house - please send him my best and if there is anything that I can do, please let me know. I am actually making frequent trips that way, so I could easily drive on and spend some time in Kaplan.

    The good news of the day is that the parent's house could have been much worse. I won't go into detail since we are on the net, but my brother took the hardest hit. I think our damage may be a little different in that it will all come in the weeks ahead when we are all displaced and without power or a consistent way to earn a living.

    Underdog,

    I agree with what you are saying - just in a different way. It was also very hard to show emotion before yesterday, but I do realize that I have to keep it in perspective. I am fortunate enough to see those closest to me and Toto still alive to help rebuild, not everyone can say that. I agree that it is a time to move forward, but I think the one thing we may need to learn from this is to respect the hell out of the past, especially in regards to disaster prep.

    You are correct about still having love - and truth be told, that has only been stregthened through these events. We refuse to fall!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home