Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sights of the St. Lou

As a sports fan, I was able to apprecaite what I saw last week in my trip to St. Louis.

But first, as an aside.. congrats to Sweet Hammie on his marriage to Mrs. Sweet Hammie (we still need to find a new nickname for her) - it was great to come up and spend time with you guys and your families, and when is it a bad time haning out with the Underdog - a true real man of genius (I want a copy of the CD's - will pay).

Back to what I saw, Toto Too and I took a frostbitten walk down Market Street in St. Louis from our hotel down to the famed St. Louis Arch. The arch is a true marvel of architecture, but what really caught my eye was Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals.

You see, the stadium is about half torn down/half rebuilt. They are tearing one side down as they build a new side and all at the same time. Now, I am a Cubs fan - so I should be ready to help tear the thing down myself, but instead I had a great appreciation for it. All I can figure at the moment is that it is a bit like life right now - building anew (marriage, homebuying, family) and at the same time letting go of everything that I don't need to hold on to any longer (list of examples a bit too long and detailed to mention without follow up). Its a great feeling, a renewed feeling and it sets the groundwork for the future - much like Busch Stadium.

Hope you are having a great holiday season! Happy Thanksgiving to all - remember to keep giving thanks all year.

Oh, and if you want some turkey leftovers - come by our place. Had a large dinner with the Mrs.' family on Sunday and still plenty left for enjoyment!

9 Comments:

  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Kelly Broussard said...

    aww...you can be sentimental. But how come it always involves a sports analogy?

     
  • At 12:06 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    To Anonomous:

    Identify yourself - then we'll chat.

    To everyone else:

    Comment deletion is pretty handy!

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what? You are certainly afraid of my post. I believe you should ID yourself 1st, then we will talk. Until that point, I will plague you.

     
  • At 4:30 PM , Blogger The Underdog said...

    Sounds like I stepped right in the middle of a fight. By chance what was the initial comment that beget the deletion?

    Boardroom: Real Men of Genius too can be yours for the low low price of a mailing address. You know how to reach me.

     
  • At 4:34 PM , Blogger Kelly Broussard said...

    Ohh geez do you realize that this means I will have to listen to that!

     
  • At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Go PIOS!. I can't believe I am saying this. But you have to support the local Acadia boys (even though Iota is better!). Are you going to the game Mr. Boardroom? -King Spazo

     
  • At 10:32 AM , Blogger Kelly Broussard said...

    Go Pios...maybe...around here we "Back the Pack" Go Wolves!

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's sad. An Alum of G&H High School doesn't even support his home team. -King Spazo

     
  • At 9:51 AM , Blogger brousky said...

    The Spazo!!!

    What's happenin man... hope all is well.

    First thing... the game was on a frickin' Thursday night. The blowhards in the LHSAA can't get much of anything correct (refer to decision to move Evangel and Curtis down as precursor to this comment). Shreveport back and forth and work the next day may not have been pretty, even today (5 days later).

    Also, I am farily torn on that game... I realize that ND's oppoent pays half my rent and electricity and that is imperitive to being warm enough to cheer for anyone or keep the computer on to keep up with any news. I was actually glad to see that it was a really good game.

    G&H High School...explain that one right there? AH.. nevermind, I just got it! That's funny! They sell that kinda funny in Florida!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home