Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Thursday, December 15, 2005

"I remixed a remix, it was back to normal."

The Mr. Buffalo and I rented some old Eddie Murphy shows at a fairly young age for an evening of entertainment at his Grandmother's house, about equidistant between the two houses where him and I grew up. I believe we rented the Eddie Murphy: Best of Saturday Night Live (featuring such hits as Celebrity Hot Tub with Rick James - "HOT TUB, GONNA MAKE ME SWEAT, HUH", Buckwheat sings "WOOKIN PA NUB", and Velvet Jones) as well as his Delirious stand up special (we hadn't' stepped up to Raw just yet... It would happen later), and for me that was it - I had a deep appreciation for comedy. Oh, we also rented Andrew Dice Clay's stand up special, but it sucked so we still haven't finished it.

While I don't' find much comedy that I don't' enjoy (sketch, films), I think I have a particular place in my heart for stand up comedy. So much so that I even tried it twice - don't ask. Let's just say that for the next 2 weeks, anyone who complimented me on my original poetry was met with a nod and an urge to explain that I was really trying to go for the funny, but couldn't bring it!

I tell you that to tell you this. I had a Mitch Hedberg joke stuck in my head this weekend. Hedberg's entire show is one liners and while reading the content may not be that funny, his delivery is untouchable. So, I jumped online to find some of his material and found memorial notes placed on the sites. According to his official site (www.mitchhedberg.com) he passed away earlier this year. It was a moment that took me back, in light of the recent news of Richard Pryor's passing over the weekend. So, I tell you all that to pay a tribute to both great comedians who will continue to keep me laughing!


Mitch Hedberg jokes - http://funny2.com/hedberg.htm

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home