Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Friday, December 09, 2005

Sign me up as stupid

I have seen a couple of blog posts per this story item, so I figured I'd give it a try....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/08/coulter.row.ap/index.html

While I'll never argue against Ms. Coulter's ability to have any opion that she wants, what actually upsets me about his is her level of professionalism. I have been on the event-planning side of events similar to this (never did a political speaker though) and I have an idea of what type of big money (espeically considering this is coming out of either a student fund or some other limited resources account) goes into hosting someone considered a national figure.

How on earth any speaker would atually call thier audience stupid is well beyond me. These are students/community members who have done the same thing she prides herself on - taking a stand. No matter how attendees felt towards her views, they took time out of their day to give her the "time of day." And even worse, to use it in almost casual conversation like you wanted to say it but didn't really want it noticed ala Kanye West.

... you see I just did the same thing as an example - you have no idea what type of comparision I am making to Kanye West becasue I just added it to the end of a sentence and didn't explain it. Wow, Ann Coulter and Kanye West on the same side of my professionalism discussion.. whoda thunkit.

She is supposed to be a professional, professional talker, but professional none-the-less and with that should accompany an ultra-sharp awareness of what she says because hiding behind "free speech" will not save her all the time. This way, you have less people protesting you when you show up to speak somewhere... oh wait, that is your goal.






See... I did it again.. that whole leading you on and then making a point that I dont' really discuss... like calling an audience stupid in a side comment and then moving on to the next topic.... I just did something similar... maybe.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home