Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Monday, August 22, 2005

Good to Know I Still Have It!

I am walking to work today.. actually, let me start a little before that. Classes at LSU are back in session and while that excites me to see everyone back and bring us that much closer to LSU sports seasons it does mean that I have to park a bit further away from my buidling. Of course, I shouldn't complain since I need to start walking more to loose a little extra weight before the wedding.

So on my way to work today, I am giggling wholeheartidly at freshman who have brought their entire set of schoolbooks and their campus map to school and are struggling with both. Now this is not to say that I was not in very similar situations as a freshman, but since that point I have learned much about the campus and have guided several thousand new/transfer students around the campus as an orientation leader/tour leader. Well, that was a long time ago and since my days are pretty well confined to one of two buildings I have pretty much forgot where everything is.

Well this morning, for some odd reason. A young girl (presumably a freshman based on the fact that she was asking and the fact that she looked like a high school student) lowered her window and from Highland Road asked me where Hodges Hall was. She was on the passenger side of the car, and someone looking a little older was in the driver seat, but my first reaction was why are you asking me? Then I realized that in a sea of freshmen with maps out, and the guy rollerblading next to me I was looking my age - see, not a freshman! Here's where my moment of pride came through, in that I was able to point her in the exact direction of where she needed to travel even though I have only been to that side of campus once in the last six or so months.

Maybe its the small things that excite me, like realizing that through the grey hair hasn't meant the beginning of memory loss. Or maybe some of our readers would appreciate the story, given that I have met most of you while we were doing orientation or tours (including my beautiful, future wife!). Or maybe, I just couldnt' think of anything else to post. It's just me taking pride in surprising myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home