Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Thursday, August 18, 2005

"We're not gonna protest, We're not gonna protest"

Autographed picture of me goes to the person that can identify the movie that spawned the quote used as the title.

And back to the news... I heard about this yesterday, yes, I heard about it on talk radio, and I am not trying to get into a political discussion about this but thought it was worth passing on.

Move America Foreward

This group based out of Sacremento, CA is planning a several-city-stop tour that will land them in Crawford, TX to protest the Cindy Sheehan protest. Yep.. protesting the protest. I have never been a fan of the protest as a political statement only because I believe there are better ways of presenting a political message and for the small percentage of protests that seem to work, the larger number usually end up with little result and much trouble, sometimes including violence. Never think/thought that a protestor's opinion and voice should not be heard (I'll advocate free speech even when I dont' agree), but as some of us discussed on Useless and Pointless Knowledge what good is debate when you have no chance of changing the mind/system that you are targeting? I advocate effectiveness!

So, here's the deal. Next weekend I am going to lead a protest to protest the protestors and tell everyone to go home. My only hope for you is that if I am not back in two days.. wait longer. If I am not back by the next weekend, come protest my ass, and make sure you leave home a good friend who, one week later, will organize another caravan to protest all of us!

"We're not gonna protest!"

4 Comments:

  • At 2:18 PM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    The greatest movie of all time.


    PCU

     
  • At 2:34 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    and we have a winner!!!

    Send that man his prize!

    I really can't get tired of watching that movie, especially after graduation and moving into the workforce... good segway into...

    New quote question (2/10 on the diffucilty scale)

    "A lot of people go to college for seven years"
    "yeah, they're called doctors."

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    Tommy Boy

     
  • At 3:45 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    I am glad he's winning b/c he is the only one playing. (that's not a movie quote, but my thoughts at the moment).

    Another easy one...

    "PC Load Letter, what the f*&% is PC Load Letter?"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home