Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Thursday, August 18, 2005

They Get the Job Done!

I haven't stopped laughing about this all day, so I felt compelled to share.

Last night, myself and Toto Too (my fiance') joined our friends theBigDaddy, "Bacardi" (BigRob) and "Cola" (BS) as well as one other guy (turns out I had class with him in college) at our Local Champps Americana for Karaoke Night!

I can never claim that I have frequented or participated in Karaoke, for the sake of everyone else in the room. And while I continue that same streak, my friends Bacardi and Cola decided they would grace the stage with their vocal stylings. After several frosty adult beverages and enough laughs to make my stomach ache, they had finally picked a song - only the beginning of the roller coaster ride.

We were then forced to sit through several participants (please note the avoidance of singers, artists, performers, or musicians) including shattering renditions of "Earl" by Dixie Chicks and a prize winning "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner. Finally, in the last period of the karaoke competition Bacardi and Cola were ushered onto the stage to the melodious drums, bass and harmoinies of Rick Jame's "Superfreak." That's right, i said Rick James!

In the spirit of Chapelle Show fans my friend Cola declared "Its a celebration bitches, enjoy yourself" to which the crowd burst into random laughter, applause and "rhythmical movements" (see: dancing that I never have seen before). After stumbling through three verses (we didn't know that song had three verses.. and who the hell is Derrick?) and much fan fare the song ended to Bacardi's random dancing about the stage and Cola's prominent Rick James quotes, they were named the winners of $100 prize for best group performance. They can't win again for another 60 days, but each and every Wednesday they'll be a close second!

*Disclaimer if this wasnt' as funny in print, but I am not a good story writer and maybe you had to be there*

What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home