Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

"There's a song for everything"

Ever come across one of those songs that just gets ya... you know, just make ya happy to be a music fan! The kind of song you can't just hear once and makes you glad they created a previous/rewind button, unless of course you still listen to 8-tracks. Here's my list....

"Your Mistake" by Sister Hazel

"Hillbilly Shoes" by Montgomery Gentry

"Mexican Sky" by Cross Canadian Ragweed

"Unsung" by Helmet

"Banquet" by Bloc Party

"Brian Wilson" by Barenaked Ladies

Of course, this will probably change by next week.

What's on your list right now? (please let me know if you are listening to something right now that I should check out - always enjoy new/new to me music)

8 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM , Blogger Mr. The Buffalo said...

    Unsung by Helmet - nice!

    Right now, my list is chocked full of System of a Down, Staind, old Soundgarden, Pink Floyd

     
  • At 7:26 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    Yeah, I had a feeling you would appreciate the Helmet - dug the CD up about 2 months ago and haven't been able to put it down.

    I also just finished my most recent Pink Floyd kick. It usually happens about once a year!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Mr. The Buffalo said...

    For some reason, I have been strangely drawn to Louder than Love and UltraMega O.K. (Soundgarden) recently. Go fig ...

    Still waiting to see what PJ does now that they aren't with Sony / Epic ...

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    I haven't listened to anything particularly great in a long time.

    Sometimes I feel like I've exhausted the majority of great music out there, and I have to sit around and wait for the new great stuff to come out. Of course this isn't true because I'm sure there are a ton of great old songs that I haven't heard yet.

     
  • At 10:35 AM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    I've been listening to a lot of Cake lately. Old records and new. They're all nearly flawless. in my eye (or ear.)

    Lots of Tom Waits.

    Still listening to Bright Eyes' new albums.

    Jeff Buckley - "Hallelujah"

    Juvenile's new album is awesome if you're into hip-hop.

    Elliott Smith

    I'm always listening to Radiohead.

    The Postal Service finds it's way into my stereo pretty often.

    My friends Kanda of Portland, Or.

    Lots and lots of Bob Dylan.

    I've revisited Pink Floyd a bit recently.

    I'm sure there are more.

     
  • At 10:47 AM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    Ooh, also this band TV on the Radio. They're relatively new, but their stuff is super cool.

     
  • At 11:38 AM , Blogger Luke Sonnier said...

    I'm not sure how it came about, but I've also been listening to some 90's alternative artists that I missed the first time around: Dinosaur Jr. and Built to Spill.

     
  • At 9:25 PM , Blogger brousky said...

    I am lucky enough to catch a little Dinosaur Jr. on my Yahoo!LaunchCast station every so often.. brings a smile to my face.

    I am going to check out a couple of those bands that you mentioned, either haven't heard some in a while or some of it was unfamilar to me.

    Oh, you guys will appreciate this. I am looking at a stack of CD's and the one that sticks out the most (and I just finished listening to again and again) - URGE OVERKILL's Saturation!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home