Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Maybe I Shouldn't Complain About This...

Let me preface this by saying that I am not a well read man, as some of my blogging friends are. I just never picked up enough books to become an avid reader. For example, I have only finished my way through 2 1/2 books so far this calendar year, and that is a record for me!

However, what was instilled to me was a passion for news and current events. There weren't many days gone by growing up in Gueydan, LA where the news channel wasn't prevlelant in at least one room of the house and newspapers from area towns/cities were scattered throughout the area normally devoted to eating. Combine this with a lifelong passion for radio broadcasting (I wanted to become a radio personality for the longest time) and you have my most recent fascination with TALK RADIO!

Here's the cool thing about it (for me at least), I listen to talk radio on both sides of the "political aisle" for most of my drive into work and home from work and whenever I can at work/home (usually only listen alone b/c not many other people my age app... heck, even like it!).

But yesterday, I was disgusted! I was listening to a certain station in Baton Rouge. I won't name stations becasue I have actually heard this on more than one station in the area. It was a nationally syndicated show in afternoon drive and a caller called who disagreed with the host on the topic. After a bit of bantering back and forth, the radio host, who was very prepared on the subject had met his match in an equally prepared caller. Here's where it got disgusting because this talking head decided that he would start screaming at the top of his lungs once he was called out for being wrong then proceeded to take personal shots at people not even related to the topic. Then in an even more courageous display, he hangs up on the caller proclaiming his victory and announcing "I love calls like that." By this point, I am as outraged as the caller he hung up on becasue the radio host was so caught up in his own ego/ratings that he wouldn't even recognize another side to the argument. Then again... not many do!

I was told by a radio host in Baton Rouge once that you listen to talk radio for one of two reasons. The first is that you like the person on the air and agree with them. The second is that you hate their guts and would secretly love the chance to be the one who personally gets them kicked off the air.

Can't wait to see what they are talking about today on my way home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home