Heisman Run :: RELAUNCHED

“I think we substitute more and change personal more often than we did a year ago. Our style of offense is much les predictable that way.” -- LSU Head Coach Les Miles on frequestn substitutions

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just Some Good Old Boys!

After a little convincing, I took the small journey from my apartment to the local cinema last night to view THE DUKES OF HAZZARD. It was every bit worth it.

I was extremely skeptical about this one, especially because it was all we heard about in Baton Rouge over the course of several months. In case you aren't from the area, the entirety of the movie was shot in South Louisiana including parts of St. Francisville, Baton Rouge and New Orleans. I actually used a lunch break to watch one of the car chase scenes being filmed on campus and on another occasion got stuck in traffic as they filmed a car-jump scene on the interstate. I was also skeptical because of my new anti-apprecaition for remake movies/tv movies/comic movies.

Dukes purists will probably disagree. The storyline and dialect were updated some to reflect the times. I do remember some Dukes in my younger days, but not enough to really even say I was a fan. However, I enjoyed the movie.

The car scenes were very well done and very well placed throughout the movie. The actors were well palced in their roles(I am actually not even going to go their with Jessica Simpson - another post for another day) and did a really good job with them. Oh, and a special cameo by an extremely funny comedy move troupe.

I actually wont' post any details. Unless you ask in the comments - then I'll elaborate. I just wanted to convey my enjoyment of The Dukes of Hazzard and reccommend that you think about putting it on your movie list for the month!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home